Additional resources for getting started with Python in Communication Science research – list assembled for the Amsterdam Research Initiative presentation in November 2017.
Courses at the Communication Science Master @ UvA
- Elective: Digital Analytics in Communication Science (Master and Research Master)
- Methods course: Big Data and Automated Content Analysis (Research Master)
- Coursera has several interesting courses for data science using Python
- Udacity also has several data science and data analytics.
- PyData has a lot of resources (including conferences) for Python for Data Science with sessions organized around the world.
- There are two interesting initiatives in the Netherlands that often organize meetups: Amsterdam Data Science and the Big Data Alliance.
What we used in the session:
If you are interested in what we used in the session, a way to start is to install Python using Anaconda, and look into Pandas, Seaborn (for visualisations) and Scikit-Learn (for Machine Learning).